John F. Como, D.D.S., MAGD, DICOI
Dr. Como received his bachelor’s of science degree from Fairfield University in 1987 and his doctorate of dental surgery degree from New York University College of Dentistry in 1991. He graduated with academic honors in pediatric and prosthetic dentistry. He elected to complete a general dental residency at Yale University affiliated, Danbury Hospital in 1992, in order to deepen his understanding of all aspects of dental care.He is currently a part-time faculty member at New York University College of Dentistry in the Continuing Dental Education Department Implant Program. Dr. Como is published and lectures locally and nationally for various dental organizations. Highlights of his continuing academic education include dental implants, cosmetic dentistry, esthetic smile design, root canals, pediatric care, occlusion, and full-mouth rehabilitation.
Dr. Como’s ongoing commitment to provide up-to-date care is exhibited in his professional memberships and affiliations, including:
- The American Dental Association
- Master of the Academy of General Dentistry (MAGD)
- The International Congress of Oral Implantology (ICOI), Fellow
- New York University College of Dentistry Continuing Dental Education Implant Program, part time faculty
- Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, Practice Management Group Discussion Leader (1998-2002)
- The New Rochelle Dental Forum (Past President 2002)
- New York State, Ninth District Dental Society
- New York State Ethics Committee Peer Review Board Member
Dr. Como is truly passionate about dentistry and enjoys sharing his knowledge with New Rochelle residents. He volunteers his time and services with the Community Dental Health Awareness program for elder care and preschool education. He also mentors New Rochellehigh school students interested in the dental profession through the WISE program.